We believe that the best way to find out the dividing line between what is right and what is not right, what should be done, and what should not be done, is not by giving a sermon but by talking and discussing. So we arrange Parent conferences for each term. It is an opportunity for parents to discuss their child’s progress with the teacher. Towards the end of each 8 weeks, a written report is issued on each child’s progress, with a copy being sent to the parents. Parents are welcomed to discuss performances with an official appointment. Any deviation from the time slot to be scheduled for discussion will be discouraged.
In order to inform parents of academic progress, a written report is issued each term and a consultation session is arranged if your child is in danger of failing. Guardians should make every effort to take part in a constructive dialogue about progress. Discussion can be arranged at a convenient time. Please make an appointment at least 24 hours ahead by coming to the office or by phone. The office is open until 3 pm. If you miss your time slot, you will not be allowed to strike up a conversation.
Parents should not come and disturb school hours. People coming and going during the day cause distraction for children and teachers.
The Parent’s Pledge
I understand that my participation in my child’s education will help his/her achievement and attitude.
As A Parent, I will –
1) Provide a quiet place for my child to study.
2) Be sure my child has completed his/her homework.
3) Make sure my child gets an adequate night’s sleep and has a healthy diet.
4) See to it that my child arrives at the school on time every day.
5) Attend Back-to-School Night, Parent Conferences, Open House, and other school events.
6) Listen to or read with my child for at least 20 minutes every day.
7) Read all school notices and contact the school when I have questions or concerns.
8) Be sure my child has all the school supplies every day.
9) Have my child dressed in appropriate school uniform every day.